Ying Kong, PhD
- Visiting Professor
- PhD, Department of Economics, Carleton University, Canada
- Office Phone Number: +86-755-2603-3085
- Office Room: RM 726, PHBS Building
- Email: email@example.com
PhD, Department of Economics, Carleton University, Canada, 2000
MPA, School of Public Administration, Carleton University, Canada, 1994
BSc., Department of Physics, Peking University, China, 1982
July 2004- Associate Professor (Tenured) and Undergraduate Program Director (UPD)， Department of Economics, York University, Toronto, Canada
April 2004- July 2004 Associate Professor (Tenured), School of Business and Economics, Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, Canada
1999-April 2004 Assistant Professor, School of Business and Economics, Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, Canada
2001-2003 Visiting Professor (Summer Terms), Department of Economics, University of Victoria, Victoria, Canada
1997-1999 Lecturer, Department of Economics, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
Business /Administration Employment
1999 Statistical Analyst and Business Advisor, Ontario Property Assessment Corporation, Ottawa, Canada
1998 Economic Analyst, Patented Medicine Price Review Board, Health Canada, Ottawa, Canada
1997 Economist and Statistical Analyst, Division of Investment and Capital Stock, Statistics Canada, Ottawa, Canada
1982-1992 Different state government departments in China
Articles in English Refereed Scholarly Journals
1. “Competition between Brand-Name and Generics—an Analysis on Pricing of Brand-Name
Pharmaceutical”, Health Economics，Vol. 18, 2009, pp591-606。
2. “Can Health Insurance Explain Generic Competition Paradox?”(with Ida Farrara), Economics
Letters , Vol101, 2008, 48-52.
3. “Introducing Social Investors into Multi-Agent Models of Financial Markets” (with Stephen
Chen and Brenda Spotton Visano), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 4031, 2006
4. “Pseudo-generic Products and Barriers to Entry in Pharmaceutical Markets-Reply” (with Dr. Jim
Seldon), Review of Industrial Organization, Vol.28, 2006, pp189-193。
5. “When Restricting Trade Is Necessary: An Economic Explanation”, The Business Review,
Cambridge, 3(1), 2004, pp166-173。
6. “Pseudo-generic Products and Barriers to Entry in Pharmaceutical Markets” (with Dr. Jim Seldon),
Review of Industrial Organization, Vol.25, 2004, pp71-86。
7. “The Price Premium of Generic Pharmaceuticals to Brand-names and Pharmaceutical Price
Index”, Applied Economics, 36 (7), 2004, pp 731-737。
8. “Price Dispersion in a Model of Identical Agents with Perfect Information” (with Dr. Zhiqi Chen),
Pacific Economic Review, 9:1, 2004, pp29-44.
9. “Spinning off Low Cost Carriers-When It Does Make Sense?” (With Dr. Andre Le Dressay),
Journal of Academy of Business and Economics, II (2), 2003, pp69-81。
10. “Persistent Dumping, Competition and Welfare”, Journal of International Trade and Economic
Development, 12 (1), 2003, pp 19-37.
Articles in Chinese Scholarly Publications
1. “The Path of High-tech Industry Development in China” (with Weidong Yu and Shuopeng, Deng), Beijing Industry University Press, 1992
2. “Implementation Principles and Macro-management of the Development Plan of High-tech Research in China”, R&D Management, Vol.3, 1991.
3. “The Core of Technical Progress-The Role of High-tech Industry “(with Zhouying Jin), The Journal of Quantitative & Technical Economics, Vol.7, 1990.
4. “The Development Strategy for China’s Ocean High Technology”, Marine Information, 1990
5. “Rational System of Basic Research –The Role of Universities and Colleges”, R&D Management Vol. 2, 1990
6. “The Optimal Strategy and Policy of Chinese High-tech Industry Development”, China Science and Technology Industries, Vol.7, 1989
7. “The Situation and Development Policy of Chinese High-tech Industry”, The Proceeding of Papers on the Third National Symposium of High Tech Industry Development, 1989.
8. “The Strategy of Multi-aim Education System”, Modern Management Thesis Collection, 1985.
9. “The Theory and Application of SQUID (Superconducting Quantum Interference Devices)”, Instrument and Future, Vol.4, 1984.